Monday, June 2, 2008

zoologico guadalajara, pizza hut, banda dancing



Friday after school we went to the Zoo. I have heard so many things about the zoo here - mostly about the vista it has. It took us at least 2 hours to get there, a very long ride. It was really a ton of fun though. We took a train ride through all the animals pretty quick and then we got to take a safari ride. No joke, we were really off-roading and had ostriches and giraffes coming right up to the car. Definitely something you don't get to experience often in the states. Then we had about an hour to run around the zoo. We never made it to look at the view, sad, but I did catch a glimpse of it before our safari ride. What we did catch was a pair of rhinos going at it. That was pretty intense. You could hear them knock against each other.
After the zoo Nat and I had to get pizza. We had been craving it so much. Funny how all of the sudden I want things here that I would never normally eat in the states. I actually enjoy McDonald's here - one place I never happily go...and Pizza Hut? I never eat pizza unless it is homemade or costco. haha But oh did it taste good. We ate like pigs...and it was definitely satisfying.
Laura - our roommate for 2 weeks - had her 2oth birthday. So after the pizza we ran home for a little fiesta and cake with her. It was very tradicional with all the singing and what not, but very small. I got a few pictures and now have some new traditions when birthdays come around!
Then the boys took us to experience Banda dancing. Of course we brought the birthday girl with us. An experience that, as fun as it was, is only needed once. It was interesting - the only way I could put it. A little on the dirty side but sometimes interesting to watch? I don't even know. The Mexicans at this club were definitely a lot gutsier than at the other clubs we have been to. They weren't afraid to ask us to dance. I got followed around by a few of the boys and dancing with boys who weren't from church - made me very grateful for our member friends here. We didn't make it home until 3...

No comments: