Tuesday, June 3, 2008

tonala and my milanesa


Saturday we spent the morning/afternoon in the little town of Tonala. Supposedly, this is where you find all the best and cheapest buys. I think that was right...I came away with quite a bit. We only had 3 hours but that was plenty of time. It has been extremely hot here so as great as the shopping can be, we get worn out quick.
The best part of this trip for me was the lunch. Nat and I were set on just eating some street tacos because we had yet to do that. But then we ran into some other girls from our group and together we searched for a nicer sit down place. We found El Jardin. We looked over the menu to see whether or not this was the place to eat (and if it fell in our budget). I saw milanesas and that was it - that is where we had lunch. Oh the milanesa was great...I mean, I had to eat it with rice and beans (not nearly as yummy as mashed potatoes) but it was wonderful. To eat something familiar and not super spicy. Perfect day. [please note that in the picture it might look like I am about to cry. I was THAT happy :) ]

No comments: