Thursday, June 19, 2008

Goodbyes: ROUND 2

I have already said goodbye to my cute service girls and last night I had to say goodbye to Hermana Stallings and her family. They really have become my family out here. Hermana stops anything to help us and she so sincerely loves us. I am so happy that they will be a family I can see time and time again while I am studying at BYU. Her daughter, Rachel, reminded me so much of Kelsey. You know, that funky yet adorably unique style? So Rachel. She is so sweet and always ready to have fun. Then Stephen reminded me so much of Porter! Tuesday at the dance party on the boat - definitely Porter. He has that adorable round face and is just the entertainer. Although - Stephen dresses like a little skater boy with his tight pants. Porter wouldn't be caught dead wearing those! haha They also had a friend with them, one of those friends that you grow up believing is a cousin. Natalie. She is so special and amazing mature for going into 12th grade. I had a ton of fun with her. She is rambunctious and daring. Fearless and fun. I will miss them. Good thing everyone lives in Utah!

tonight will be the hard part - saying goodbye to my friends. This group of 25 that has literally become my family. I have a whole lot of new sisters and 2 amazing new brothers. I am a little nervous to not have them for the rest of my summer.

No comments: