1. Eden Prairie was ranked the number 1 best place to live in 2010. We are pretty lucky to spend our first year married in such a great little city.
2. Green - I know I have talked about this, but it is STILL so green here. I have gotten used to the brown Utah summers. That doesn't happen here. Everything is amazingly green. And there are trees, lots of trees!
3. Lakes - It is called the land of 10,000 lakes for a reason! And I love my lakes. We have found a few beaches to catch some rays, but we are still looking for a chance to go boating. Though, we have found paddle boats to rent!
4. Friendliest people you will ever meet - They are genuinely kind. Plus, everyone smiles. It's the best.
5. Storms - Thunder and lightning brings out the 10 year old in me. There is something so magical about a summer storm and Minnesota storms do not disappoint! Sometimes it rains so much, the pond outside floods!
6. Jucy Lucy - Think I have said enough about this in previous posts. We went three times in as many weeks. My offer to take you if you visit is still out there.
7. Humidity - doesn't help my hair curl like I was hoping it would...
8. $5 Tuesday afternoon movies! - It's going to be sad when I have to start teaching again. These have become a favorite weekly tradition and what a score!
9. The Bloomington Ward - What an amazing ward family. They have welcomed us with open arms since day 1. And I am working in the nursery with the most darling kids ever. They already have my heart.
10. Being with my husband. All of the time. - It's like we are still on our honeymoon. That all changes when I start work though. Enjoying it while we can!
11. Fruits and Veggies - I miss Utah produce. Nothing here seems to be quite as good and it's all a lot more expensive.
12. Traffic - Like all of the time. 8:00 in the morning, of course. 5:00 in the evening, you bet. Noon, surprise! There is traffic! Luckily, it doesn't typically last too long. Most of them are only two lanes and there is no shoulder to pull off to if anything happens!
13. So many freeways - There are freeways and highways everywhere. So many number. Take the 169 to the 494 to the 35. Oh, and the on and off ramps happen at the same time. Talk about dangerous.
Ashton says he likes (there are some repeats, but I wanted his contribution):
14. The mosquitoes.
Just in case you forgot how much they like him too.
16. Relatively nice outside - referring to the weather.
17. Traffic is fun.
18. Gas and food = more expensive
19. The greenery is really nice.
All in all, we are loving the little home we have made here in Minnesota. Plus, being married is a lot of fun.