Monday, June 16, 2008

Mas Sol




I am sunburned. Surprise.
Ok - so yesterday was father's day. We went to church and really that was it. Church was really good but I won't lie, we were all beat dead. We never seem to get enough sleep. But it was SO nice to just relax and enjoy ourselves. No rushing, no appointments, just having fun. On the way home, lucky me, I sat on gum. I noticed this once we reached the hotel. I could feel it on my dress but it took me forever to see it. I asked the girls if they saw it but they had to search. The gum is exactly the same color as the flowers on my dress and that is right where they were.
Last night I went on a walk with Ashley and Jessica. Before long we were walking in crocodile land - good think I remembered one of the girls in our group mentioned that and we turned around and made it home safely. It was beautiful to walk along the beach at night though. We then decided we should sleep out on the chairs. I was out in no time ( soo tired) but before too much time passed the girls woke me up saying it was raining. I was under the fun umbrella hut so I had no idea. We had fun though!
Monday was spent on the beach. Nat and I had tried kayaking on Saturday with Natalie and Maggie - that was an adventure for sure. 4 on one kayak - with only 3 paddles. I am slowly finding bruises. But Monday, when Nat and I tried, it was so amazingly simple. I was all excited for some huge work out - ha. Then we boogie boarded all afternoon. I had a last run - I must have caught the wave horribly. I have never hurt myself boogie boarding until yesterday. My board went straight into a nose dive and so I tried to push it one way and somehow my chin got it good in the sand. I got up and was afraid to move. My jaw was pretty tight and my ears were aching. Now - I feel like I went to the orthodontist and he messed with my mouth...but really, so far so good.
Last night we went and visited the real Puerto Vallarta. So we are in Nueva Vallarta - which is in a different state completely. Just neighboring cities though. Puerto was fun, definitely not beaches like the one were are on but we walked down the boardwalk and enjoyed taking pictures

No comments: