Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mis Niñas

So today I found out Thursday is our last day at Casa Hogar. We have been doing service there this whole time and thought we were going to be going through to next Thursday. Turns out the girls don't have school next week. I really am going to miss their adorable faces. I have just started playing with las niñas - the younger half of the girls. They are so much more fun - we can play more than we need to talk, which is easier on me. Plus their homework is quite a bit easier. Those word problems in Spanish are ridiculous. But teaching English is a lot harder than I thought it would be - especially since it isn't like I am fluent in Spanish.
I have gotten really close to the youngest group of girls. Ages 5 to 7. There is Andrea, Jazmin, Violetta, Mili, y Sofia. Mili is the cutest girl in the world. I noticed her the first day but spent more time with the older girls. Today she ran right up to me and dame un beso muy grande. It was so cute. It has really made me miss my students back in Utah.
Tomorrow we are taking them to a park - a 20 minute walk. 4 byu students and 25 girls. Fun. haha But this is our goodbye fiesta so we have bought water balloons, balls, and dulces. It should be wonderful and I am sure I will have tons of pictures.

6 comments:

Sean and Abby said...

yayyy Tati! I'm so glad you have a blog... so what are you up to in Utah? i haven't talked to you in a while. I have a blog as well if you want access just email me at abbypeters0124@yahoo.com and i'll send you an invite. :-)

Katie said...

hey! i love the blog... check mine out if you get bored while you are in mexico! haha! miss you!

Ashley said...

I'm glad you started a blog! Blogging is so much fun. It's really cool to read about your study abroad trip. Aren't study abroads the BEST? I did two of them while I was at BYU and they were some of the best things I've ever done. Being immersed in the culture and experiencing so many things you'd never be able to experience otherwise... you will always be so glad you did it! I hope you can check out my blog if you get some free time!

brooke said...

I love reading about your adventures in Mexico Tati! You are way too cute. Looks like you're having the experience of a lifetime!

Michelle said...

This is a great way to keep up! I love reading about your life and adventures. I love you, Michelle

Christene said...

I had no idea you were having so much fun! And to think I thought you were stuck in Utah... glad you are enjoying your time there. How long do you get to stay?