Wednesday, June 18, 2008

our day cruise!





We spent yesterday on a boat. It was an amazing amazing adventure. We started with a breakfast of fruit on the boat and then headed to some rocks for snorkeling. There was a total of 3 types of fish and if you saw one, the other 2 were close by. You didn't have to do much searching...They were cool fish but the water wasn't very clear and we didn't have coral to watch the fish swim in. Not the best snorkeling but we had a ton of fun. The water is amazingly warm.
After snorkeling we dropped people off for lunch and those who wanted to go hiking to the falls (ME!) got to keep going. It was like a half hour walk there and back. We also followed horses, which wasn't all the pleasant. The scenery was beautiful though. And when we got to the falls - gorgeous! We swam for a little at the bottom of the falls and enjoyed the rock slide going along side the fall. We played there for about half an hour and headed back. There was a 6'8'' boy on the hike with us with is 5'11/6 foot girlfriend. I noticed they were both wearing ucla shirts - later come to find out he is going to be a sophomore for the ucla basketball team. I think he is from Serbia. Nikola Drac...something. Pretty crazy!
After the hike we went back to the beach and enjoyed some lunch. Ashley, Jess, and I swam from the boat to the shore. It was so nice to just swim...although there were some jellyfish and Ashley had already gotten stung the first day of our trip. We were screaming and trying to swim as close to the top of the water as possible. I am sure everyone just thought crazy americans. After we ate we dove write back into the water. The beach here was clearer and not as sandy - it was more rocky than the silty sand at our beach. It reminded me a little of Waimea. The waves crashed pretty much on the shore and would have been horrible for boogie boarding but turned out wonderful for just playing around.
The boat ride back was the best. We get on the boat and before long they are playing the Macarena. Our group was at the front shaking what we had. Everyone else loved it, of course. Then we went into the new electric slide dance followed by Achy Breaky Heart en espanol and of course YMCA. Soon we found ourselves upstairs dancing on the open deck. The boat swayed a lot more up top and pretty much our dancing consisted of trying to keep balance as we moved back and forth. Ashley tried to dip me and of course here comes a toppling wave. haha We both ended up on the ground - the only 2 to fall. We really had a good time.
Once we got back to the harbor Hermana walked up to me and in spanish said that my mom must have taught me how to dance. I laughed and told her I couldn't dance. Then she went on to explain that I know how to move my hips and she actually seemed very impressed! haha I still don't know what she is talking about. I remember mom trying once to teach me to dance to Back to life by Soul II Soul back in like 7th grade. haha That was a joke and we haven't tried since then. They also had a huge map of the states of mexico on the ground and I should have gotten a picture of me standing right north of Baja California. We actually found people to make the entire west coast. Made me miss home...

No comments: