Monday, June 9, 2008

Last Sunday in our Guadalajara Ward


So for this entire trip we have been attending a ward in the Moctezuma stake - I am pretty sure it was even the Moctezuma ward, but I can't be positive. I did not realize how much I had come to feel comfortable in this ward. I still remember the first Sunday. Nat and I had been in Guadalajara 2 days longer than everyone else and feeling a bit homesick. We got to the church and when we walked in there was an instant change of feeling. We were at home. And the Temple is just across the parking lot. It is beautiful and I will definitely miss that.
We sit down and we participated in the releasing and calling of a new bishopric. It was just such a reaffirmation that this Gospel is the same around the world. I don't know names of nearly anyone in this ward but it was amazing to see that the new bishopric was made up of members that had stood out to me for one reason or another throughout this trip. It wasn't really a surprise for me to see who was being put in because they were the men that I could have pointed out to you and said that they are strong members and know the Gospel. Then for the sacrament hymn we sing "How Great Thou Art". There was such an overwhelming spirit. The old and new bishopric then had a chance to share their testimonies along with a few of their wives. A very good sacrament meeting. It then closed with me and my group singing "Joseph Smith's First Prayer." I will never forget how I felt singing that song with people who have helped me grow so much to people I have come to love.

No comments: