Thursday, May 29, 2008

first essay, service, and the dog bite





I have just finished my first essay en espanol! An entire page and a half describing my weekend in the Sates - all in Spanish. I feel so accomplished.

Today I got to go to my service - Casa Hogar. I work with about 40 girls, doing whatever they want to do...of course, as soon as we help them finish homework. Remember how horrible word problems are? Try doing them in Spanish...but I adore the girls. They love just talking, even if half the time I can't keep up with their speed fire Spanish. Yesterday I spent the day with the same 3 girls, taking pictures throughout the orphanage. I think they like taking the pictures more than being in them because each one had to take a picture of the other 2 with me in every single new spot. It was refreshingly fun?

Oh and yesterday, a girl in my group was walking to school and a big scary dog stuck his head through the fence and bit her hand!! He got her pretty good so she had to go to the hospital. They sent her to the pharmacy where she got a shot she had to give herself. Her daddy here told her just to take it to the medical office on campus. Instead she let one of the girls in my group give it to her!!! crazy - nat recorded the whole thing too. haha of course!

No comments: