Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Best Friends Wedding!





Alyse, my best friend since before I can remember, got married May 23rd. We didn't think I would be able to go to her wedding because I am studying here, in Guadalajara. Then surprise - dad asked if it would be possible for me to miss a weekend and if my dear roommate, Natalie, could make it without me. Well, I made it work out. :)
I flew into Tijuana on Thursday all by myself. I took the taxi and entertained myself for 3 hours all alone. I have never traveled alone and I was scared to death, especially since everything was in Spanish. It all went smoothly though. I arrived safely to cold, overcast Tijuana which turned into cold, overcast, rainy, San Diego and Orange County. Don't worry - this weather did not do any damage to the wedding.
Oh the wedding...it was beautiful. She was beautiful. The colors, the flowers, the cake, the bridesmaids :), all beautiful. It has been fun because I have been able to sort of go through this with her. I have to admit, I was a little worried when she started dating Chad, just because I didn't want to lose my best friend to some man I didn't even know. Luckily that changed quickly. He is officially my favorite best friend's husband. In the development of their relationship, he became one of my closest friends and isn't that a best friends dream.

No comments: