Monday, August 26, 2013

Minnesota State Fair!!!

We have been hearing about the Minnesota State Fair since we moved here.

So, of course, we went!  We spent Friday evening there with the Days and it was awesome!

I was amazed at how many people were there!  It was more crowded than Disneyland.  I tried to take a picture of the crowds, but it doesn't do it justice.


It was a hot day (Minnesota is in an extreme heat wave right now - ahhhh).  So of course, we found some fair lemonade and root beer.


While we were waiting for the Day's to show up, I talked Ashton into going through a haunted house with me!  He probably agreed just because of the AC, but he went!


As soon as Amber and Brant were with us, we got a bucket of cookies and all you can drink milk.  Got to love fair food!




Then came the highlight of the night.  A concert!  Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, and Smash Mouth.







Sugar Ray was definitely the reason why I wanted to be there - I have been listening to them since I was 12 years old.  They have been on our Shaver Lake playlist since the beginning.  They are a part of my childhood and they are still my first choice for summer music.  The pictures I took didn't turn out, but the videos were pretty great.


I took several videos and I wish I could share them all, but that would be a little over kill.  Mark McGrath was the best part!  He was so much fun.
Then, to top it off, when the concert ended there were big booming fireworks.  My favorite.


The Minnesota Fair was as good as everyone said it was and a night to remember.

2 comments:

FRYBABY said...

Cade would definitely LOVE the bucket of cookies and all-you-can-drink milk!!! Hope all went well on your first day at/back to school for both of you!!:)

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Wow! The pictures show it all. You guys were having so much fun. I never experienced coming to a state fair, but looking forward to try very soon. Thanks for posting!