Monday, August 12, 2013

Bear Lake

Bear Lake is a long time tradition for the Smith's, but something the Thorkelson's had never experienced.

We spent the 27th - 30th in Bear Lake.  The Smith's, Thorkelson's, and the Tatton's. It was a blast.  Bear Lake is beautiful!  Ashton and I met his family up there on Saturday, bringing Hannah and Porter with us.  My parent's met us the next afternoon.  Jameson and Justin set up an obstacle course and we spent Saturday evening was spent watching everyone compete in Bear Lake Ninja Warrior.





I know it's hard to see - but here are some pictures from the obstacle course.

Sunday morning we went to church.  A storm rolled in during the afternoon, just as mom and dad were trying to set up their tent.  The grey sky with the blue water and green grass - it was beautiful.  And then there was a rainbow!

Family photo.                         Trying to keep the tent from flying away!



My studly brother.


My little beans.


Cute picture of Coree, Casey, and Dwight.


Momma love


Can't get enough of Dwight's face!          The colors.  I loved these flowers.


Somewhere over the rainbow.                    Cutest little boy.



Fiery sunset and the beautiful night sky (star picture taken by dad)


The whole gang!  (Another picture I stole from my dad)

Monday was beach day!  We played a serious game of beach football, canoed, and rafted.  My kind of day for sure.


To finish the day, we went to LaBeau's for some delicious raspberry shakes.

I got raspberry + oreos.  Oh my yum!         Sometimes we match.

Tuesday, dad made some mountain man delicious breakfast and then we packed up and said goodbye to Bear Lake.  

On the way home, I stopped in Logan to catch up with Kelly for a bit.  Kelly was one of my very best friends in high school.  She now has two adorable children and I am so glad she is still a part of my life.



1 comment:

Institute for Internet Safety said...

I am so inspired of your blog. You always write about family, how you value every moment with them. I do salute you with that. More power to you and God bless!