Thursday, August 29, 2013

Don't Limit Me

So, I just posted this on facebook and for those of you who see me through social media, I am sorry for the repeat.  This is worth the extra attention though.

Over the last two weeks, I have been going from one training to another, to a meeting, to organizing paperwork, to setting up my classroom.  Most of the time, it just makes me miss Utah - the place where I knew the laws, what everything was called, each of my students, and how my class was going to work.  I miss my aides.  My heart just wants to be with my students (they will all, forever and always, be considered mine and I sure hope they know that!).

Today, we watched an inspirational video.  It reminded me that no matter where I am or who I am teaching, I have an important job and responsibility to those in my class.  It reminded me of just exactly why I love my job!  I love seeing my students as they grow in their independence and Megan is the product of teachers and parents who helped who shoot for the stars and accomplish her goals.


I am looking forward to this school year.  The beginning of the year is always hectic and we tend to forget just how crazy it was within a few weeks or less.  I do know that I have an amazing team to work with out here.  They are a team I am so grateful to be a part of.  Tuesday is the first day of school and, while I am overwhelmed now, I know that the minute I am with my students, everything else will fall into place.

1 comment:

Institute for Internet Safety said...

The story of Maegan is an inspiration, not just to all with down syndrome but even to all normal persons. The teachers have a great contribution to the betterment of their students. "Don't limit me" should be spread to all.