Wednesday, November 23, 2011

sisters and brothers

Words cannot even start to express the love I have for my siblings.  I am so very grateful that I have been blessed with such wonderful, loving sisters and an absolutely adorable, sweet, and cool brother.  Oh my goodness!  I can't forget Scott!  That lucky boy became my brother-in-law this summer and he is the perfect match.


All of them are examples to me and I could go on forever talking about what each of them has taught me/ continues to teach me.  They are constantly loving me - more than I deserve.  My favorite though, is when they come visit my classroom.  Thinking about their amazing hearts working with my students really makes me cry...There is this light that shines from them and I am so proud to call them my brothers and sisters.

We are the masters of spontaneous dance parties and we rule on road trips.  Together we have created memories in Honduras, Egypt, Argentina, Chile, and everywhere between San Diego, Shaver Lake, Salt Lake and Yellowstone.  They can make me laugh like no one else can. . We play charades like pros.  We have hidden numerous items in mom's hair during our games of "boolah boolah".  All of us had parts with dad in the Thorkelson Circus.  We know how to watch scary movies and then scare Porter later.  And I love it most when we pull out old family videos.  We could watch those for hours. They really make me smile.  I wish I could tell all of the stories I thought of while looking for good pictures (which took forever AND was soooo fun btw)

I remember how hard it was to say goodbye to them every time I would leave for school.  It would break my heart and I would always cry as I drove away.  Now, though, I think they wish they could miss me again!  But, I love living with them and watching them grow up.  Hannah was only 8 when I left for BYU...and now, five years later, I am back at home, seeing them everyday.  I love getting to spend all of this time with them.  I have been able to take each of them on dinner dates since I have moved home.   And even though she is married, Kelsey and I now work at the same school so I see her more than ever before.  Scott will come visit the school at least once a week and they are at the house at least every Wednesday for Modern Family.  It's family time all of the time!


To the world's greatest sisters and brothers,

I look up to you guys more than you know.  I am so proud of who you guys are becoming, for the goodness that I see in each of your hearts.  I admire how strong each of you are and I hope you know that I love you with all of my heart.  I would never want to dance with anyone else.  I never want to play charades without you guys.  I have loved being your older sister.  I am grateful that I got so blessed to have you as my siblings.  I have loved changing a few of your diapers, taking care of you on road trips, and lugging you around like my own kids (remember when that one lady thought I was Port and Hannah's mom and I was only 12?! haha I am even thankful for that).

Thank you for being patient with me and thanks for loving me no matter what.

Love forever,
Your big sister.

No comments: