Wednesday, November 16, 2011

my provo/byu friends

So many people hate on Provo, but can I just say that I absolutely loved it!?!  I lived in some amazing places down there and I am most grateful for the people that I met.

I always had the most wonderful roommates and we picked the greatest wards in Provo.  My roommates are girls that I still talk to and many of them are my very closest friends.  Goodness, I love them and I don't know what I would do without them!

Aubrey was in town last weekend - greatest time ever.  First, I am so grateful for my best friend.  Aubrey is wonderful and I could spend days with her and never get sick of it. Of course, her visit was super fast, and somehow we got like zero pictures, but less 48 hours is so much better than no hours.  Because she was here, we got to have a dinner with all of our closest friends over our 4 years at BYU.  It was a wonderful few hours.  I took for granted all of the friends I made down there.  Living half an hour away and with my parents has really stumped my social life.

Then basketball has started.  Just another way that I have met more fan friends than I can count.  We had a game last night and it was so fun to sit with them.  Rosie just makes me so happy and Melanie always brings the spice.  Preston even joined us, which he hasn't done for such a long time because of his cool athletic marketing internship.  Our group has definitely shrunk between this season and last season, but my favorites are still around or nearby.

I have memories with these friends even outside of Provo.  I have gone on a cruise with Cami, the teacher I now work with and one of my best friends from the special ed program.  I have gone to basketball tournaments in Vegas with so many friends.  I have been on road trips.  I have risked my life on the stratosphere with these friends.  Bowl games.  Disneyland adventures.  A study abroad in Mexico!

But, that does not mean I have not loved every memory I had IN Provo, or at least, nearby.  Off roading with Robi.  Dance parties - especially those at s7 and the ones we used to have at three layers of heaven.  Oh and, of course, all of the ones Aubrey and I would put together.  Thanksgiving feasts with a ward auction.  Saturday hikes.  A summer full of running.  Spending time on campus.  Pillow talk with roommates (something I miss so much - even the ones Mel liked to start when I was just about to fall asleep haha Love you Mel!).  Ice cream parties because that roommate finally kissed the boy.  First kiss.  First boyfriend.  Seeing your best friend on campus wearing your clothes :) Having access to there clothes.  Going to the U to watch BYU win.  Watching meteor showers up the canyon.  Getting lost while hiking Stewart Falls.  I better stop now or else it won't end...Sometimes I am grateful for my strong memory of past memories and the nostalgia that I have.

I also have had wonderful bishops, counselors, and professors.  They have had a very strong influence on my life.  I am very grateful for their love and guidance.

I wish I could post pictures of these memories, but then I would never sleep.

I really loved every minute of Provo, even though I left it still single. I am very thankful for the friends that I have made and especially grateful for those that have stuck around in my life.

1 comment:

elyssa said...

amen, tati. provo rocks. and i LOVE your memory and how much you love and assign import and weight to the events of life. it's a wonderful gift. you're awesome ; )