Monday, November 21, 2011

things that make me happy

All things I am grateful for make me happy, but these are just a few things (definitely not all things) that instantly make me smile.
  • anything yellow
  • the sun
  • water
  • the beach
  • temples, especially the San Diego temple
  • BYU sports
  • phone calls
  • old friends
  • new friends
  • my students
  • good/funny quotes
  • pictures
  • the gym
  • emails and letters from friends
  • when a song i love starts to play
  • chocolate covered cinnamon bears
  • rainbows and just the beauty of the world in general
  • thunder and lightning
  • i'm thinking of you texts
  • walking on campus
  • field trips
  • bowling with my students!
  • getting a high score of 96 while bowling!
A few other thoughts from today:

I went to my ward's FHE tonight.  The first one I have been to in this new single's ward.  Our activity: speed dating.  Cheesy...yes, totally.  BUT it was just what I needed.  I haven't been social.  I haven't talked with complete strangers.  All because I don't have anyone to meet people with - No Aubrey, no roommates...I have met Kelly though and she has made all the difference for me in this new ward and together we braved speed dating and I got that social fix that I needed!  Who knows if I will meet these boys again...but I have to admit, I might have put a yes next to each of their numbers because I just want to have friends AND I loved the boys who asked questions and maintained good eye contact. That made me happy.

I also got to talk to the Sam Preston on the phone tonight.  He makes me happy.  We talked about his mustache for a little bit.  Mustache's make me think of Robi and that really made me happy.

So tonight, I am grateful for all of the little things that I love that make me happy!

No comments: