Sunday, November 14, 2010

weekend

Friday was BYU's Season Home Opener!  We played Fresno State and won 83-56!  I sure do love this time of year, it even makes the snow almost ok.  The way my heart pounds as the lights go down and the amazing basketball for the new season starts playing.  The thrill from the crowd screaming "Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh GO COUGARS!" over and over again.  The player introduction now followed with the players circling around a dancing Davies.  The way we say, "You got Jimmered!"  Being surrounded by fans all in white.  The way that we have gotten cake because the boys have scored over 80 points EVERY game!  The way I get to walk down to row three and sit behind my favorite couple at mid court, surrounded by my favorite fellow BYU fanatics.  The jumping up and down.  The winning!  Oh it feels so good.  I love BYU basketball, can you blame me?



A compilation of the last three season's photos.

Saturday I went to Porter's championship football game!  They were playing to keep their perfect record and they did it!  It was a long freezing game.  The score was 0-0 up to the very end.  After the Bingham team fumbled, Alta took it and ran for a touchdown.  Seeing my brother so excited, running into a huddle of teammates and jumping up and down with them, almost made me cry.  Mom said that men only cry over sports...uh oh.  It was a tender moment.  I sure love that brother of mine.  Grandpa came to the came too and since it was in Bountiful, a few of my cousins were able to join us.



Isn't he the best looking football player there ever was? I loveeee this photo.


After the game, mom and I went winter shopping at TJ Maxx.  I wanted tights and boots.  I bought some bright and colorful tights and two pretty cute boots (Side note: I wore the bright pink tights today.  I am not quite sure if I am used to them yet.  I have always been so bleh about tights, never wanted to wear them.  But I am determined to fit them into my wardrobe the winter!).  Then we walked through a cute boutique closer to Michelle's house.  It was darling and mom might have bought me a Christmas present that I am currently trying to forget about.  This little boutique was a part of three separate houses that provided various shopping.  Example, one little house was full of cute antique like furniture, the other with darling anthropologie style clothes, and the last with something else cute I am sure.  It was fun to have some one on one with the mom.  I love her.

Later that night, everyone came down to Provo.  Porter and Dad to eat at Golden Corral with Grandpa  in celebration of Porter's win.  Mom and Hannah to go eat at Rumbi with me to visit Kelsey.  Then we all had hopes of visiting the dollar theater to see Inception (since mom STILL has not seen it!).  Well, the movie was sold out, but Andy Larsen AND Jess McMaster ended up joining us at Rumbi and so did Porter and Dad after their fill at the Corral and we sat in Rumbi and talked for forever.  I went home happy and ready to write a Sunday School lesson.

Then today we had family dinner.  Everyone was there.  Empanadas were devoured.  Old family videos were watched.  It was very happy.

Now onto a new week!

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

:) It made me feel warm and happy inside just reading your post.