Tuesday, November 9, 2010

today's thoughts

1. It suddenly became winter on Monday.
         I had to leave work a half hour early because a storm was coming in.  Very considerate of my administration staff at school.  So, this weekend was BEAUTIFUL.  The sun was out and it was really just one of the prettiest weekends this fall.  Sunday was a little bit cold, but come Monday - it has been freezing ever since.  I am not ready for snow.  I never am.  I have decided that this year, I need: tights, boots, closed toed shoes, and legitimate gloves.

2. Basketball is on!
          The Season Opener against Fresno State is on Friday!  I seriously love BYU ball.  It is amazing how happy it makes me.  We have had a tent up since mid last week.  Of course, I have been to every preseason game.


          We played BYU-Hawaii on Friday and I had to meet up with everyone at the Marriott.  I hate going to things alone, especially where there will be a lot of people, even if it is just driving the the Marriott and waking to meet up with my friends by myself.  At this point, I had no idea that they (my amazing sport fanatic friends) had set up tent already.  I turned the corner of the Marriott, saw all my friends and TENTS and I might have started crying...just a little.  Call me crazy, but I love that atmosphere, I love the people that I have gotten to know over the last few seasons, and I love having games to look forward to.

3. Halloween catch up
          Melanie and I were ninja turtles.  I say we look pretty sweet!



4. Grey hair...shoot
         Today, out at recess, I was talking to Cami and one her aides, Loretta, when all of the sudden Loretta goes, "Oh my goodness Tati!  Are those grey hairs?!"  She found tons and wanted to pull them all out.  Oh no.  I am only 22.  Sad.

5.  Nice lady at Thanksgiving Point
         Planning field trips for 18 students with severe disabilities is not an easy task and Cami and I get to do it once a month.  Of course, we 9 teachers and of course, we want to try to get them all in for free. Then we want it to be a fairly cheap trip since we do it once a month.  So we decided we wanted to go to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point this month.  I called and asked what type of accommodations they might make for a class of students with severe disabilities.  They were SO wonderful and we are getting all of our teachers in and the lady thanked me for the work that I do.  She told me that she had worked in a school, never with special ed, but she was so impressed with all of the work we do.  Sometimes it is nice to receive that recognition, especially from a stranger.

6.  CRAZY day in basketball!
          I went to the gym tonight and watched the highlights of some wild games on SportsCenter.  The JAZZ beat! the Heat!  They were down most of the game (up to even 22 points!) and the last quarter they were on fire, but never let by more than 3.  Millsap who has only made 2 three pointers in all of his career scored 3 tonight and made a total of 46 points during the game!  The Jazz turned around to win 116-114 in overtime.  AND then the Pacers had a nearly perfect 3rd quarter making 20 of 21 consecutive FGs.  They missed the very last one with less than 2 seconds left in the quarter.  They made 54 points in the 3rd quarter alone beating the Nuggets 144-113.  I got an adrenaline rush just watching the highlights of these games!

AND of course, the Lakers are 7 - 0...Still UNDEFEATED!!!

No comments: