Thursday, November 4, 2010

happy happy birthdays

to: Drew, or rather, Elder Livingstone!

We met the beginning of freshman year and did everything together...for about a month, maybe.  We lost contact until one fateful day during our sophomore year.  We spent that year becoming friends again.  November of my junior year, he left to serve a mission in Chile.  While we were friends, his parents were serving as mission presidents in the Congo, so I never had the chance to meet them.  They have been home for a bit now and Drew made sure that we met, even without him.  The Livingstones are wonderful and I am so grateful for them in my life.  Drew comes home in 19 days.  I am so proud of him.  It was fun to watch him leave, but I am just as excited to see him come home.

In fact, I mentioned Drew in a blog a few years ago:

"Drew - I could easily write an ENTIRE blog on Drew. We met freshman year - one of the greatest stories I have. A pick up line gone wrong and a boy too nice to let the poor girl make the mistake again. We did have a period where other girls came between us, but as of about a year ago, we have been as close as they come. He is my best friend and I have seen him grow so much. He has such an excitement for the mission - I know he will do amazing things. AND he gets to serve in Chile...the mission my aunt and uncle live in!"

He has done amazing things. He has not met my uncle and his family, but it is a good thing they are coming to Utah for December so Drew can meet them then.

Happy Birthday Elder Livingstone!


Drew came to visit in San Diego!  He got to meet the whole gang.


This was just a few weeks before he left.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

to: Berto

That's right!  My guinea pig is a year old!  I picked him up a year ago today.  He has been a wonderful companion.  He is not the cuddliest, but I knew that when I picked him.  He was the only one of three babies with all three colors, black, white, and red.  Just what I wanted, but the hardest piggy to pick up.  He gave me and my friend Matt a hard time, but once I got him, I knew he was the one.

He spent summer up in Draper with my family and I have just recently moved him back to Provo with me.  I think my roommates love him...every time they walk in through the garage I hear someone say, "Oh hi Berto!" "Hello rat." "BERTOO!" Or if you are me, "Hey, berto butt."  It's all out of love.  I think that we might watch G-Force or Bedtime Stories together tonight in celebration of him being a whole year old!  *I just reserved G-Force. YES!*  Love him.


I picked him up today and he instantly threw his head back and started nibbling his hands.  Love it when he does this.


You can't really tell, but he is so big!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_


Also - I have been reading through lots of past posts.  There is so much that I have forgotten.  I love my life.  It has been good to me.

AND AUBREY COMES TOMORROW!

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

Love your hair, you went lighter. Fun!