Tuesday, November 16, 2010

returning to pooh corner

Return to Pooh Corner came out in 1994.  I would like to call in a cd of lullaby like songs sung by Kenny Loggins.  I was 6 years old when this amazing cd came out and I remember loving it, so I decided to start playing it in class while we are calming down, writing in journals, reading independently, etc...Well, to my surprise I remember every single word to every song on the cd and I LOVE IT.  I have found myself listening to it outside of school, like right now for example.

It is amazing where smells and music can take you.  I thank my mother for having such great taste in music as I was growing up :)

I looked through all old pictures on my computer and this is probably the only one where I am close to six years old.  It is also a gem of a picture and I am positive it has never been posted for the internet to see (probably for good reason too)...


Big shirts or a vest and underwear...we were a well dressed bunch of girls.  Can't you just hear, "Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do, got a honey jar stuck on his nose." or "Why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side?" or how about "Look and see her, how she sparkles, it's the last unicorn! I'm Alive!" and "to-ra-loo-ra".

I will close with:

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.  Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight...

2 comments:

Alyse Bennett said...

Holy guacamole. I forgot about that cd but as I was reading through those lines, I could distinctly remember the melodies. Crazy stuff!

elyssa said...

totally listened to that cd for like 3 years straight...