Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Day Opened With...

Baby Beluga.
One of my cute kids said Beluga...and we just looked at each other and, no joke, instant bonding. I started whispering Baby Beluga and pretty soon he was singing with me. Now, most people don't know this about me - but that song is one of my favorites. I am not sure when I learned it but I have always loved it. This summer as Alison and I would hike, I would often sing it as I showed off my super white thighs. I thought it was pretty funny. But, to hear that song from my cute boy...made my heart happy.

Realization that I am so a teacher.
I was walking from the work room back to my class and realized that I have started to fit the teacher, I don't know what to call it, mold? uh oh. My socks rarely match and I always wear them with my moccasins/slip on target shoes. Then my jeans don't really hide my unmatched socks...how cute?

Wonderful Weather Moment.
Every morning one of my students walks down the hall to see what the weather is outside (we have no windows in my class). Today he came back and said "CloudySunny". It was one word and it sounded so much better than partly cloudy. Sunny included in anything makes it happier.

RECESS
This week we have finally started going outside for recess again. Going outside for recess and actually feeling the sun couldn't make me any happier. I love it outside - well, as long as there isn't any snow, which is headed back our way between tonight and tomorrow.


My day has ended with lots of greatness too.
I went to water aerobics (soooo so fun!), then to dinner group (love having this in my life), and institute (Raymon is so great and I love seeing friends there). Also, my sweet roommate bought me tissues...I have been a little sick all of this year, but we all know it is so that I will stop using our tp to blow my nose. :)

Also, last night BYU killed TCU and I had courtside seats. I also had to cook for dinner group last night. The Livingstones saved me and dinner turned out fabulous without me even having to be there (pork salad...just as great as Cafe Rio's!). They also had me over for dinner on Sunday, then got me a piece of Magleby's cake on Monday, and gave me the ingredients for an amazing dinner on Tuesday. Love them.

1 comment:

Alyse Bennett said...

Sounds like a great day... call me, I miss you. Let's have a great day together sometime soon. Maybe next weekend... Riley is coming to visit.