Saturday, February 13, 2010

the day of love


Happy Valentine's Day.


You know - most people think you can only celebrate this day with your significant other, but I am here to tell you that isn't true. It's a day about love and last I checked, I haven't been dating someone for more than a month, nor have I ever dated anyone through Valentines, but I am still surrounded by people who love me and I love them. I just didn't feel like moping my weekend away.

Friday on our field trip one of the volunteers was saying that there was a student who was at the other corner of the gym, past the curtains that divided the court. They told us that they tried to carry him back but he would just slouch and slip right out of their arms. I had a guess of who it was so I walked over there and there he was, just this tiny body curled up in the corner of this huge gym. I stepped up to him and he just looked at me and reached his arms out. I could have started to cry...I am really his teacher. He trusts me and he loves me. I carried him all the way back and he spent the last ten minutes sitting with me.

I have spent most of my time this weekend with Aubrey. I don't know what I'd do without this gem of a friend in my life. We spent last night with Phil and David - two boys who will forever be in my life. They get me through the boy drama. Earlier today we watched BYU dominate Air Force. I am also so very grateful for all of my ball buddies. This year one of them has been fighting cancer and it has been such an experience to see how everyone has grown together through it. Then tonight we went and saw New Moon with three great boys from our ward. Eh, Jacob really is sort of beautiful.

Berto and I also had our bonding time throughout this weekend. We cleaned his cage super good and watched some tv together. He is a great little pet who is getting huge and still nibbles a little...

Best thing though:
Mom came into town tonight. I have really needed her over this last month and a half.

I have so much love in my life, I really cannot complain.


No comments: