Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lucky Me

What a great weekend.

Friday night...I had a date! haha A real date.

Then Saturday was absolutely wonderful. I woke up and was pretty down. I called my mom, who is so amazing by the way. She got me out of bed and before I knew it, I was driving up to see Grandma and Michelle. We shopped and went to lunch and it was so much fun, just like I was a freshman again.

Then my SAB friend Lori told me she had an extra ticket to the volleyball game and wanted me to go with her! I told you that these SAB ladies are quality. So now I had plans for the rest of the evening.

After lunch with Michelle and Grandma, I ran home and then went up to the Marriott with Preston to wait in line with our fabulous basketball fanatic fans. I had courtside tickets so I really didn't need to wait in line, but that is part of the experience. Plus, it got me out of the house. I just love basketball. I know, you are all confused...she went with Preston? Well, we are friends. I am pretty sure I will be at most basketball games with him. And it is totally ok so please don't worry. Michelle was a little late so I went down and got the buffet from TUCANOS! that comes with those tickets, all by myself. Being on the court for a game! Amazing. We totally dominated.

Right after the game, Preston and I went over to the Fieldhouse for the volleyball game. I had a ticket with Lori. Lori has made my life so much easier this weekend. I don't think she knows how much her sweet words and actions mean to me. Plus it is always fun to see all of my old friends. Then Aubrey and Mel called and they somehow found the best seats and had one for me. I went and sat with them and I had so much fun. I forgot the noises I used to make. I forgot how excited I got when I was with those girls, my best friends. How silly of me to forget that everything I needed to pick me up was just two doors away.

Then we went to YoZone and just laughed and laughed. That was all I needed.

Now it is Sunday and no school tomorrow! Love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More happy days are 'a comin'...I promise!