Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way." - Emma

Alison came home from institute this weekend and told me that it was wonderful. She then told me that someone asked the following question:
"When do we tell the Lord what we want and when do we tell Him that we are going to allow His will to be done?"
Someone responded that even Christ said to the Lord, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt" (Matthew 26:39). Christ told the Lord what it was that He desired, but then He continued with full knowledge that He would do as the Lord desires.

Of course the Lord is all knowing. He already knows the desires of our hearts but He wants us to council with him in all things, including that which we want. We just have to be acceptant and willing to do what he sends our way because He knows best. This has been on my mind a lot recently as I have dealt with heartbreak and my fear of the future. There are some things I want more than others, but then I want to do the right thing so I, more than ever, want to be guided by Heavenly Father.

I am currently watching Emma on PBS and Raymond just took our trash out and remembered my baby Berto. What a good Sunday :)

ALSO - I have my first SET tomorrow. That means my principal comes in and evaluates me. Ahh I am so nervous.

ANOTHER ALSO - my group already has a tent outside of the Marriott for Saturday's game against the U! I love basketball and the crazy it brings out in me and all the friends it has put in my path. :)

No comments: