Thursday, January 21, 2010

it takes some good to make it hurt

I've been listening to a lot of Jason Mraz these days - just going back to my basics and I love it. Thanks to his Life is Wonderful for the title of this blog. Listen to it. It'll change your life and it is probably one of his only songs where the lyrics make sense. :)


I have been meaning to mention this for awhile. The terrible tragedy that has happened in Haiti. It hurts my heart so much. Watching the news is hard and heartbreaking. Everyone wants to and is trying to help and I am so grateful for the service that everyone is willing to give. It's amazing how the world can come together so quickly. On Monday I found out that my little 11 year old sister spent her Saturday raising money for Haiti through a lemonade stand. She learned and felt something that she will carry with her forever. What an example she is to me.


My best friend just called me. Lauren Stevenson is getting married on April 23rd. I couldn't be more excited for her. Dilemma - this is also the day I graduate from BYU. Tragic. But she has found the love of her life and I love that. Lauren has been with me through all high school drama - or maybe I have been with her through all her drama. haha We would write notes to each other and all they ever had was lyrics on them. So weird! We would spend Friday nights for hours at Killer Pizza from Mars. I loved those days...I just realized that there were four of us that did everything together. Kelly, John, Lauren and Me. I am officially the last single one. Hey, no pressure.

To add to this - I found TWO gray hairs in one sitting tonight. I am only 21...TWO GRAY HAIRS! This has to be some joke. And my hair is it's natural, really really dark color so the gray POPS right out at you. Awww lovely.

No comments: