Thursday, September 5, 2013

Throwback Thursday: BYU football

In honor of football season, I want to talk about my love for this amazing sport.

I was born bleeding BYU blue.


I remember dad taking us to BYU vs. SDSU games while we were growing up.  I loved it then, but learned to love it 100 times more when I made it to BYU.

Freshman year I had rotating seats and, while I wanted to watch the game, the girls I sat with didn't even know what color our team was.  It was social time.  Not long after that, I met Aubrey and found my football watching best friend.  Since then I have spent 6 years on the front row of every home football game.  I tried to sit with the old folk after I graduated, but it didn't last long.  I couldn't stand not being with the students.  Standing, dancing, screaming, loving the game.  Once you've experienced front row, nothing else will ever come close.

After we graduated, Mel, Aubrey, and I, have traveled to one football game a year.

2011:  Texas.  It was amazing.  A close loss.  But we met Ty Detmer.



2012: Notre Dame.  I was in awe most of the trip.  Such football history!  Another shoulda, coulda win type game, but this time, I got to fly to Chicago next to Coach Edwards.  Unforgettable.



Sadly, the girls and I don't have our typical "boys trip" planned.  (Girls - let's get on that.  I have some time off the week of the Houston game.)

So here's to the colors changing, sweatshirts and scarves, cougar tails, and football!!!!  My favorite time of the year.  LaVell Edwards Stadium - I am going to miss you so hard this year!

2 comments:

Zach and Stacie said...

What?! Houston! That's where we are moving!!! I hope you come!

aubrey said...

ok that's it!!! we're planning one - how can we NOT?! i'm dyingg!