Saturday, September 7, 2013

50 years of love looks like...

...this.


Happy 50th Anniversary to my sweet sweet grandparents.  They are such an example to me and I am blessed to call them mi abuelo y abuela.  I wish Ashton and I were in Utah to celebrate this big day with all the family.

They are in love and it always shows.  A few years ago, Grandma and I spend a few hours chatting about their love story.  It is a sweet one that has created a wonderful family.  A family that I am lucky to call mine.


So far, I have only felt homesick a few times.  I have only started to tear up twice.  The first time was while facetiming my family for Kelsey's baby shower. The second time was when I called grandpa for his birthday just a few weeks ago.  I missed them a lot.  They are so very special to me.


Getting to my wedding meant they had to leave Argentina a few days early.  They arrived in Utah the night before.  I can't imagine how exhausted they must have been, but I am thrilled and grateful they were there.  The day would not have been the same without them.

I love you guys.  I can't wait for Christmas so that I can give you todos los besos y abrazos I have been holding onto.

3 comments:

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Wow! Your grandparents are an inspiration to everybody that in true love, it will stay forever. They are adorable couple. I do hope that I will have that kind of relationship. Thanks for sharing this inspirational blog. Keep it up!

Enlightenment said...

WOW! To say I Love You to your spouse after 50 years is more than true love! The couple are so inspirational. God bless the family!!!

THE SECRET said...

This is truly amazing. An exceptional story of true love. God bless them always!