Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sweet Baby Millie

Tuesday night, I got a phone call from my mom.  Kelsey was starting to have pretty serious contractions and Scott was taking her to the hospital.  20 minutes later mom called again saying that baby girl was on her way and they were heading to the hospital!

All I can say is thank heavens for FaceTime.  I was able to chat with my baby sister before she had a baby of her own.

1990                                             September 23, 2013

At 2:40 AM (central time) on September 24th, I got a picture of the most beautiful baby I have ever seen and it was love instantly.  Trying to sleep after knowing she was here was nearly impossible!






I am one proud aunt.  I can't stop looking at pictures of this sweet baby girl!

Dad took the sweetest video.  Eyes wide open, no crying, just a perfect baby girl.



Welcome to the family my little Miss Millie Kay.  I am thrilled to be your aunt!  I have spent most of my day distracted, looking at the 6 pictures I have of you.  I have also shown you off to each of my classes.  Everyone is commenting on your darling dimple and that you are already smiling.

I miss Utah from time to time, but I have never wished I was there as much as I do right now.  I have approximately 87 days until I get to hold her!

To all family members who will be with us during the Christmas break - I just want to make sure you know now - I get first dibs on Millie the whole time I am there.  That's just how it is going to be.  And I am not at all sorry about it.

4 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

Little Miss Millie is certainly the most beautiful newborn, firstborn I have ever seen. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

...and I get to "hold" you while you hold Millie, the whole time you're here!

Unknown said...

That comment was from me, your mama! Love you honey.

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Congratulations! Baby Millie is a priceless gift from God. She's so lucky to have you as her aunt and be surrounded with a good family. God bless us all!