Thursday, June 17, 2010

My BEST FRIEND ever

PLEASE NOTICE MY SLIDESHOW. It needs some attention right now. :)

Tomorrow marks one of the hardest days of my life. I have said goodbyes before, I have even said it 3 times before with her, but this one's different! It is not just for a few shorts months...this is for a potentially long amount of time. This could easily be my longest post ever...

Aubrey has been with me throughout my entire BYU experience. We have been referred to as partners in crime. When we are not together, we are asked where our other half is. It started back in the dorms, moved to Liberty Square, and then we settled in Chatsworth for the last two years. Normally they say, best friends don't make good roommates, but we proved that wrong! I loved living with her. I love the talks we get to have at night. I love the surprises I would find like a wet toilet seat after she showers or coming in to see her shaving in the bathroom sink. My favorite is when I would come home from school and find her sleeping in my bed (this happened on multiple occasions). We have gone through every ward together. We know most of the same people, although she might be a bit more popular than me (We have nearly 300 common friends on facey!). She can dance like no one I know and tries to show that she has some Latin in her with her booty shakes. We LOVE some ghetto music and have weaknesses for songs like "Love In The Club" by Usher and "Cyclone" by Baby Bash. We have recently developed Bieber fever and he has done us good.

She is the only person I have met who cares about BYU sports as much as I do. For instance, today I got a text to tell me that she had just seen a BYU Basketball player back from a mission and on campus. Of course this excites us more than it should. In response I said, "You remember what he looks like in person!? (It has been 2 years since we've seen him!) We are ridiculous!" The way she answered me is classic of how we feel towards BYU athletes, "hahah no, we are just friends with them....in my head :)" We can tell you the names of everyone on the football and basketball team and then any useful information like whether they are single, dating, or married (and that has never been publicly announced so if we could keep that between you and me please!).

On a more serious note, Aubrey loves with all of her heart. She cares and she is always willing to give of her time and talents. She has been such a wonderful example to me and I am always in awe with the testimony she has of the gospel. She listens to promptings by the Spirit, no matter how hard and/or heartbreaking they might be. Because she is so close to the Spirit, I honestly believe our lives have been saved on multiple occasions. She is also the one who chose for us to live in Chatsworth. She was so picky about housing after Liberty Square and I was just ready to live somewhere. I am so glad we ended up at Chatsworth because I have made some of my closest friends there. She has been with me through the hardest moments of my life and I have leaned on her strength more than she knows.

Aubrey supported me in my work. She visited my classrooms multiple times. I am usually pretty hesitant when I allow people to come in. It gets awkward at times and lots of people do not know how to react in some situations. With Aubrey, I never had to worry or tell her what to do. She loved those kids as much as I did and they knew it too.

Her east coast style has rubbed off on me - I recently bought my first pair of Sperry boat shoes. She bought matching ones. But, I have also rubbed off on her. When we met, her closet consisted of everything black. I have brought color into her life and she looks SO good in it!

We love each other, even when we are laughing at each other. We have a running joke: "I am glad we share a sense of humor and an understanding that I'm slightly funnier." A card once told me something a long the lines that a good friend can make you laugh, but a best friend can make you snort. She is definitely my best friend.

I am so proud of her. Off to make her name amongst the stars of the NBA! I know this is not the end of our adventures and that is the only thing that is holding me together these last few days. We have sent BYU on quite the run and I just hope that the world is now ready for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. I hurt for you. Friends like that are hard to come by so cherish your tati-audreyship (new word meaning the especially very best of friends) forever!

aubrey said...

Love the new word, Momma Thork! Thank you for this, I cried through the whole thing. I miss you already!! You're the bestest Chachsky. I sure love you