Wednesday, June 16, 2010

mom and dad


I have done a lot of reflecting the last few days on my parents.

I had the opportunity to speak on Sunday. My topic: The Mother I Am Going To Be. Of course - that leaves me thinking a ton about my mom and the things she has taught me. She is the most wonderful person I know and she has always put us first. She is a wonderful example of the mother that I would like to become. We talk nearly everyday, but I cannot wait to go home and spend lots of quality time with my mom!

Then, my dad called me on Monday to see if I would pick him up from the airport on Tuesday. What a wonderful surprise! Of course he is here for work work work, but I at least get a trip to the airport and back with him. This afternoon we went to lunch together. I LOVE going to lunch with my dad - just like the daddy daughter dates we used to do! I am always amazed at the faith dad has in the choices he makes. While thinking about the mom I wanted to become, I also though a lot about the type of man I want to marry and the man I created was definitely a lot like my father.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

What a cute picture. I'm looking forward to being closer (in distance) to your family. :)