Monday, June 28, 2010

friends

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I have had quite a few conversations with some truly wonderful friends over the last month and I am in awe at how lucky I am to them in my life.

I have been in San Marcos for the last week and I have loved it all. I love spending time with my family, my best friends in the world. I love watching home videos full of Barnums, McMasters, and Myers - friends I have had for as long as I can remember and plan to keep for even longer. I love being with friends that I have met over the last few years at home. I love the high school friends that I can pick up with right where we left off.

But, being home makes me miss my friends up in Provo. These are the people who I have grown the most with has I have transitioned from a freshman dependent on my parents to a graduate trying to live life on my own. It is this wonderful world of trying to balance the social life with school/work. We are going through similar trials and hard situations, but we are also having the time of our lives. We are doing everything together and having so much fun.

I have friends from all stages in my life and I have best friends who I haven't talked to for years, but still love so much. I have had conversations with friends that have changed my life. I have learned to love friends who are completely and totally honest with me, even when it hurts. I am grateful for the people who have been put in my life. I am amazed at how quickly friendship can grow to love and I am so thankful for the ability we have to love so much in our lives.

I couldn't ask for anything better.

No comments: