Monday, June 21, 2010

the first day of summer

a.k.a. PORTER'S BIRTHDAY!

I have one brother, the lucky boy. He can make me laugh like no one else can! He has come into my classroom a few times and of course all my boys love him. He is so sweet with them and I am very impressed with how well he works with them.

First - He was the CUTEST most ADORABLE CHUNKIEST baby EVER. I can't think about baby Porter without smiling. Everyone noticed him. You couldn't keep your hands off of him. But he has certainly turned into a handsome boy!

Porter has learned a lot from dad and they are often out doing service projects together. It is very cool to see them come and go. He is really such a great kid! But more on Porter and Dad - they are practically the same person! One Halloween, Dad shaved his hair and was Port! It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Porter also has the most adorable smile possible. Oh and his hair! I have never met a boy with more hair. It is amazing!

We tend to go see boy movies together like Avatar and Clash of the Titans. He is a wonderful movie partner and is always offering to buy me snacks with the money he has saved! He is also a sports buddy for me.

Of course, I love watching football and basketball and really any sport I can. My sisters aren't quite into it (minus Syd, she loves basketball), but Port is! I have always wanted him to play football, but that would require him to leave his current school and go to Mission Hills. AND he has recently decided he wants to play!

Porter. You are a stud. Period! I am so glad proud of you and the many things you have accomplished! You are such an example to me and I can't wait to see the things that you will accomplish in life. You are so smart and so talented. You love everyone you meet and I cannot wait to come home and spend days with you at the beach, watching movies, and having dance parties. I love love LOVE you!