Sunday, June 20, 2010

i LOVE my dad


I have such an amazing dad. I couldn't ask for anyone better. He gives more than anyone I know. He is constantly doing some type of service and he puts down anything to help his kids. He is strong in the gospel. His testimony is sweet and sure. He supports me in everything I do and is so proud of my accomplishments.

I know I just mentioned that he was up her for a few days last week, but I LOVED the time that I got to spent with him. We went thrift shopping, we enjoyed my car, we got lunch together, watched the Lakers and Argentina win. Most of all, we talked and talked. I love going to lunch with dad. We do it whenever he comes in town and we just sit and talk for a good hour and a half.


My dad is everyone's friend. He is funny and personable. He easily loves and is amazing with kids. When I was just a baby, he was the lucky one who got to stay home with me during the day. We have video after video to prove it. He would stick fruit snacks on my face and see how long it would take me to find them, or put watches on my ankles - I am not sure why. He asked me questions about my best friend or what I was watching just to catch the funny way I talked. He took me camping, rock climbing, and fishing with the boys. I was his kukiluki and I will always be his kukiluki.

Dad, I love you. I always think I love you as much as possible, but then you do things and my love continues to grow. I admire your relationship with the Lord. I admire your testimony. I admire the way you serve those around you. I admire the way you never ever give up.

You have taught me so much. You love mom and we all know it. You love us and we know it. I appreciate the ways you looked out for me, even the times when your read my AIM conversations with my best friends and when you followed me home to catch me speeding. I used to think you were crazy, but it turns out you just love me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey!!! It's Father's Day, not post-goofy-pics-of-your-mom day! haha Your dad will love this. Love you honey!