Thursday, June 10, 2010

RSL love

I grew up playing soccer but sort of lost my love for it once high school came around. My love for soccer was rekindled 2 summers ago as I studied in Mexico. Our good friend introduced us to Atlas and none of us really had a chance to like any other team. Watching Atlas play is Estadio Jalisco was amazing and one of my favorite things that we did in Mexico (I know, I have a pathetic love for sports).

So, I came back for my Junior year at BYU and Aubrey's dad started working with Real Salt Lake. That obviously meant I had to support Aubrey in supporting her dad and accompanying her to many games. Last season RSL took the MLS Cup against the LA Galaxy. The game was in Seattle. I was listening to it on the radio and got home just in time to run up and watch the shootout! It was amazing.

Last night a lot of things were happening:
  1. We took on the Galaxy again, who has been undefeated so far this year.
  2. It was a celebration for Mel's birthday.
  3. This was my last game with Aubrey before she moves out to New York to start grown up life.
  4. AND after the game, David Cook was going to be playing.
We WON! The concert was SO fun! It was just an overall WONDERFUL night.

BEE Winners? Ya, radio stations were all over us.



No comments: