Monday, June 7, 2010

color esperanza

I haven't had a summer with no job or no school probably since my sophomore year of high school. I loved it back then, but I need something to keep me busy these days.

Today I washed my car. It's now raining.

For family home evening we walked to a park (during the walk there a few girls and I talked about our favorite canciones en espanol - hence the title of this post) and it turned into a huge whipped cream/water balloon fight. I can still smell the whipped cream stuck in my nose. It is disgusting but it was sooo fun. I love getting dirty, especially when I am wearing Aubrey's clothes and get to use her shower to clean up!

Later we decided to head to a playground, one with a lot of swings. I decided to have a twist contest (meaning I spin myself in the swing and see how many times I can go around...) and Kendrick made sure to twist me until the swing could twist no more. I now have a serious headache. ----- This is amazing to me. My students would sit in our swing ALL day if I would let them and their favorite thing to do was spin and spin and spin. I never realized how truly hard that is. Wow.

No comments: