Thursday, October 10, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Our first dance

Today was a long day.  Probably one of the longer ones I have had for years.  We had parent teacher conferences from 3:00 to 8:30.  I thought we were done at 8...let me tell you how disappointing it was to hear I still had another half hour at school!

Anyway, I got home and Ashton immediately left to play some church basketball.  I decided I needed a nice long shower to unwind.

I had some nice, calming music on when the song from our first dance started playing.  Overwhelmed by Tim McMorris.  I can't believe it has been more than 4 months since Ashton and I were married.  That day still consumes most of my thoughts.  It was a dream come true type of day.

 "There's something in your smile that gives me strength to carry on."

"Oh, I've dreamt that a time like this would come fulfill my life."

"From the first time I saw you
I knew that you’d be mine
And from the first glance you gave
My world it slowed, you stopped the time

And in that moment I could see all of the things that we would be
You were the girl I was waiting for, that’d I’d ask to marry me

Like the beauty of the sun you light my life so I can see
You make me laugh and show me how, just how good this life can be
And in our moments filled with joy, is where I live, where I am free
Lay in my arms, I’ll hold you tight, just like you like, continually

And I am, overwhelmed, by you
Am, over come with joy
You've, taken me higher, and shown me what love can do
Where would I go, or be, without you


I could sing a thousand songs about you still that would not do
There’s a million tiny things that make the things that you do, you
I wouldn't trade our time together, wouldn't trade for anything
Cause nothing else here in the world can bring the happiness you bring

And I am, overwhelmed, by you
Am, over come with joy
You've, taken me higher, and shown me what love can do
Where would I go, or be, without you"


The words to the song so perfectly describe my love for Ashton.  Sometimes, I am convinced that I feel so much more than the normal person.  It isn't unusual for me to talk about how things make my heart feel.  From the time I met Ashton, my heart knew and that love quickly consumed me.  It overwhelmed me in the most amazing way.  I love how this song captures the overwhelming feeling of true love.

We are still learning about each other and I am continually amazed at how made for each other we are.

MFEO


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you and your "writings" so much. Your wedding day really was a magical day!
xoxo
-mom

Institute for Internet Safety said...

I love your blog, so touching! I admire your expression of love towards your husband. How lucky you are to have him as a partner. Best wishes for both of you. Stay strong & keep the love alive!