Tuesday, October 8, 2013

third period.

I have one class everyday.  Just one.  The rest of my classes are every other day.  And of course this everyday class includes my toughest kid.  Friday was the toughest.

I dwelt on it, probably longer than I should have.  I was discouraged, and frankly, plain out bummed.  

My classes did alright on Monday, but the student who had given me a hard time, wouldn't acknowledge me.  He sat quietly, didn't cause any chaos, but he also didn't seem happy.  It broke my heart.  I tried striking up a conversation with him when class was getting out and he only said a few words.  Today, I tried harder.  I felt bad, though I know I wasn't at fault (I am not so good at being a disciplinarian and often relied on my aides for that last year).  Anyway, at the end of third period today, I found this folded up on my desk:

I am so sorry for the last day that I behave bad.  
I won't do it again to help the classroom.  So I am sorry.

It instantly melted my heart and was exactly the reminder I needed.  Today, my toughest student also became my favorite student.

1 comment:

Institute for Internet Safety said...

This is a touching blog! It's hard dealing with tough students but with determination & patience will surely have a better result. Continue blogging!