Thursday, October 10, 2013

My favorite weekend.

Twice a year, we are blessed with a weekend of General Conference.  That weekend happened to be just this past weekend.   And my heart is still so full.

It was our first conference weekend as marrieds and I loved watching it next to my handsome hubby.

We spent Saturday morning with the Day's and a new couple friend who just moved here from Utah. It started with a waffle party, followed by the morning session of conference, and then topped off with hot chocolate.

Saturday afternoon was more conference.  We watched it from home, snuggled in blankets, while the rain fell outside.  Like I said, thunder, lightening, and just rain in general, always remind me of the power of my Heavenly Father.

Saturday night, Ashton went off to the Priesthood session with all the guys.  While they were off doing their thing, I went back to the Day's house for some quality time with Amber.  There was pizza, lots of talking, and Fluxx.

Sunday was another rainy day, just begging for us to snuggle up and enjoy conference.  We went on a nice fall walk in between sessions.


Someday soon, I hope to get around to posting some thoughts on the talks from conference (because they touched my heart), but until then, you can always find them here.  Go.  Read them.  Watch them.  You can even listen to them.  They will do you good, I promise.

1 comment:

Institute for Internet Safety said...

I could consider that a romantic bonding, for you're able to spent more time with your husband alone. It will surely help your relationship to be better if not the best. Best wishes!