Sunday, October 27, 2013

haunted house

I love Halloween.

I like scary things. As a kid, my friend, Ari, and I, would sit and read scary stories together - I don't know how we ever fell asleep.  My family watched X-Files together.  In fact, for one of Kelsey's birthdays she got a whole season of X-Files on VHS.  I enjoy watching Ghost Hunters and alien type documentaries.  Once, I even chased a UFO.

And then I married Ashton, who does not enjoy any of these things.

After we went on a few dates, back in 2009, I tried to get him to go to a Haunted House with me and some friends - he wouldn't have it.  Well, this year, we are married and that means, we were able to go to a Haunted House together!

We went with the Day's and it was a pretty good Haunted House.  They did a good job of turning lights off and  then jumping out at you when the lights turned on.  Ashton handled it well, though his face in this picture may say otherwise.  We finished the night with some Culver's custard just to make sure everyone was happy.

2 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

You have got to break Ashton into the scary, haunting, goosebumps fun of Halloween, if for nothing else than the sake of your children. Ashton grew up with his mom, the festival Meister of them all. How did he become so haunt-allergic?!?

Institute for Internet Safety said...

Oh I just don't love Halloween that much. I'm not really fond of scary things. But what is important is that you're enjoying the occasion with family & friends. Stay happy!