Tuesday, October 22, 2013

falling in love with minnesota

Friday was the most perfect fall day we have had.

People kept mentioning apple orchards, so I thought it would be fun to go check one out.  We took the scenic route to the orchard and I fell in love with Minnesota.  I have learned to like it and call it home, but this is the moment that I fell in love and realized I enjoy being here!  Kind of a big deal.

We drove by lakes surrounded in vibrant fall colored leaves (and sadly, I didn't get any pictures).  The lakes reflected the colorful trees.  The clouds in the sky were big and beautiful.  The sun was out, and while it was a tad on the chilly side, if you stood real still, you could feel its warmth.

While I didn't get pictures of the scenic drive, I took a ton at the orchard.


 Handsomest guy I know


 Apple doughnuts and Brats covered in apple. Yum!

 The boys.


Tire swing photo op


 So much beauty

 Muddy corn maze

More beauty

 "CHEESE!"

He loves when I give him kisses...obviously. 

love at the apple orchard

So fun to have family in town! 

 Cartwheels!  Ashton lands them perfectly.

 And that is how I land my cartwheel - beautiful huh?




It was a perfect fall day in Minnesota.  Probably one of my favorites so far.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're getting a chance to get out there before winter sets in! It looks gorgeous. trick is to find the beauty in wherever life takes you. Love you!-Mom

Institute for Internet Safety said...

You are such an adorable couple. You both know how to make a day so memorable. Life is so short that we really have to enjoy every moment of the day. Stay happy and enjoy life to the fullest!