Friday, June 28, 2013

that one post about how I got a job!

Yesterday was a busy day for us!

We woke up early Thursday morning and met the missionaries at the chapel at 8:50.  From there we took them out to the temple, a good 40 minute drive.  We would have done a session too, but I had an interview back in Bloomington at 10:45.



Here's for the interview part.  I had interviewed with this district via skype back in Utah, but never heard back from them, that is until about a week ago.  The director called me and apologized for not getting back to me earlier.  She explained to me that they had had some hold ups and changes in their district, but she had been impressed with me and wanted me to interview for a few more positions.

I walked into the room.  Two principals were there along with another special education teacher and a school psychologist.  The interview went well, but I left thinking there was no way they'd offer me one of the positions.  I say this because I thought I was too much of a "self-contained" teacher for what they were looking for.  At the end, I asked how quickly they were planning on hiring because I did tell the other district I would get back to them on Monday.  The director told me that she was going to be calling references but was going to be out of the office next week for the holiday.  She wasn't planning on offering positions until the week after the 4th of July.  Walking to the car, I sort of made the decision that I should just accept the other job.  They had called and told me they were willing to arm wrestle for me, and it is always nice to be wanted.

Ashton and I drove back out to the temple to pick up the missionaries.  We sat on the temple grounds for about 45 minutes, before I got a phone call.  It was the director I just interviewed with.  She had already called my references after the previous interview and she wanted to know how interested I was in their positions.  I told her the truth - that I had wanted a more severe setting, but there weren't many level 3 positions open.  I told her a little more about the students I had in my class the last few years and the more that I talked to her, the more I wanted what they had to offer.  When I told her that they were my number one option right now, she simply said, "So is that a yes?"  I was in shock!  It was not at all what I was expecting, but of course I said yes and she welcomed me to their district!

But this is all dependent on me getting a Minnesota teaching license - and that is one run around that is going to be one big headache.



The missionaries came out just after I had received the call, so we decided to go to lunch to celebrate!  Ashton had done some research the night before and had come across the "Jucy Lucy" on Man vs. Food.  So we went to Matt's Bar to give this Jucy Lucy a try.  It is a cheeseburger with the cheese melted inside the meat.  Oh.  My.  Goodness!!!  You should probably come visit us - just so I can take you to experience this delicious burger!


Anyway, it was another good day in Minnesota!

And hopefully there will be another post announcing that I am licensed to teach in Minnesota.

2 comments:

Jason and Kelly said...

yay yay yay! congrats tati!!! I've totally done baptisms in that temple by the way... and I miss you!

Alison Rae said...

Congrats Tati! I knew it was only a matter of time until somebody snatched you up! You are too good for anyone to pass up!