Friday, June 7, 2013

room 201

For the last three years, this room has been my favorite place.  It was my favorite for many reasons.

1.


It looked like this.  Colorful.  Dr. Seuss themed.  Happy.


2.


It was full of these amazing students.  And my two wonderful aides.  The people who filled my classroom changed from time to time, but they always made it a better place to be.  I miss them so much.  It was hard to say goodbye and I wish I could be at all the birthday parties and fun summer events.


3.



They celebrate life events with me.  And I am so glad that they do.  They are my favorite to run into and it melts my heart when they invite me to be a part of their life through birthdays, baptisms, bbq's, and such.  I had Ashton keep his cell phone in his pocket at the reception for the sole purpose of taking pictures of me with me students.

4.

My aides.  I couldn't find one of just me and my two aides (they don't easily take pictures), so here we are with Cami and two of her aides.  These ladies saved my life on a regular basis.  I loved working with Tammy and DJ.  Tammy was my aide for the whole three years I taught in room 201 and DJ for the last two.  I miss them so very much.

The staff at my school in general was pretty amazing.  I worked with a very supportive principal who had my back and I knew/saw that from day 1.  The secretaries were a huge help and my go to's.  The lunch ladies were so sweet and patient with my students.

I just miss my school.  I am happy to be here in Minnesota, but I was a part of a family at EVES.

1 comment:

DJ Rose said...

ah man! now I'm all misty-eyed. I miss you so much and can't even begin to fathom what 201 will be like next year without you. So happy for you, but so sad to have lost you.