Thursday, October 27, 2011

oops. i forgot

I totally meant to mention this last night and forgot...


I was reading through our basketball schedule and saw Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM).  For those of you who don't know, I grew up in San Marcos, CA.  San Marcos was just this little place when we moved there when I was 8.  It has become a place known for CSUSM, Palomar College, University of St. Augustine (a new OT and PT grad school), the tons of restaurants on Old Restaurant Row, and our new shopping center (that isn't so new anymore), but has a Nordstrom Rack! Not many know this, but San Marcos has the most extensive trails in all of San Diego.  When I worked for the city, my boss was over the trails and I think we had 20 something miles of trails.  It's a beautiful place.

Tons of my friends from high school went to CSUSM.  I have walked the campus.  I know everything surrounding it.  AND I NEVER knew they had a basketball team...After doing some research, I realize this is their first year with a basketball team.  Good for them! Amazing that they have pretty well known basketball teams in their schedule! But, sorry they have to play BYU and SDSU their first season.  But then again, I am so excited to play them!  That's my home!  Seriously, like my home, where my heart is, the place I love.

Something else to think about...

CSUSM is blue and white.  Their mascot is a cougar.

ahhh! I am sooo excited!

I am totally completely loyal to BYU, but part of me hurts for CSUSM.  It's their first year.  They need support, especially when they are playing teams like BYU and SDSU.  A little of me wants to wear my CSUSM shirt under my BYU shirt...but please don't tell anyone.

No comments: