Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My week on the east coast.

This might take a few posts, but here it goes!

Day 1:

I landed at JFK at approximately 5:45 a.m.  Yes, in the morning!  Talk about a full day ahead of me!  Aubrey sent me full and detailed directions from the terminal to the AirTrain.  From the AirTrain to the subway.  From one subway to the next.  Then from the subway to her house.  This was the part of the trip I dreaded most.  Getting lost in a huge city with all of my luggage.  But, I did it and I made it to her house.  That was when I met Kelley (her super cool roommate who just happened to have studied Special Ed too!) and got to make sure that Dookie (Aubrey's three year old goldfish) was still alive.


he is.

After making it to Aubrey's place, Kelley and I set of to meet Aubrey who was waiting in a line so we could get tickets to see How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.  It was wet, cold, and we were in and out of rain.  So lovely.


After we got tickets, we visit Anthropologie. The walk there got us real soaked and I told Kelley that there was no way I could go shopping, try anything on...I would just look and come back the next day. ha!  Like that ever works.


should i get it mom?

Then after spending a few hours in Anthro, we met up with Aubrey for lunch.  Kelley and I were craving grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Lookie what we found!


they had tots too...at first I was suspicious about the whole idea, but they were soooo good!

After lunch, Kelley and I decided that we had better just go home to dry up and get in some much needed napping.  Rather than take the subway, we walked through Central Park home (I am doing a pedometer contest at work, so the more walking the better!).


we walked by st. patrick's. so beautiful.


super wet. super cold. but central park is still beautiful.

After resting for about an hour and half, Aubrey showed up just in time to make pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting (why i am including these details, i really don't know) before we had to run and meet THE Mark Skinner at the Shake Shack pre How to Succeed.


me and kelley


you can't really see anything in this picture. but mark took it.  it is supposed to be me, aubrey, and kelley eating dinner at shake shack

Then we finally saw it.  Loved it.  Laughed so hard.  There was a football scene that had me getting the chills because I just love football that much.  It was a very good, very successful first day in the big apple.


harry potter (daniel radcliffe). he was sooo good!

Oh and I cannot forget.  Last time I was in New York, I met Rustin.  He met me and goes, "Tati, like in Usher's new song, Hot Tottie?! I'll meet you in the lobby?"  We have been practically best friends ever since, minus that he now lives in Arizona and I was so sad that I didn't get to see him while I was in New York so....


we called him that night.

Alright.  So that was Day 1 in NYC.  More to come!

1 comment:

aubrey said...

haha you posted my pumpkin bar recipe to showcase my domesticity! need all the help i can get :) such a fun post!! love you chachsky!