Thursday, October 27, 2011

my week on the east coast. continued.

day 2:  (see three posts down for day 1)

This day started with an early wake up call and a trip to the temple.  It would have been perfect, but of course, I forgot my temple recommend on my dresser at home.  Bummer.  But that's ok.  I spent an hour walking around while the girls did baptisms.


the beautiful manhattan temple

After that, Kaitlan made us breakfast and it was so delicious.  Thank you very much! Then I pretty much had forever to explore whatever and wherever I could.  All on my own.  So I started in Central Park and can I just tell you how much I love that place?  Because I totally love it.  It is huge, beautiful, colorful, and peaceful. A good break from the city.




love this place.

Then of course it was back to Rockefeller because that is one place I can get to AND it makes me unbelievably super happy.



"i want to go to there." i always have! and i did. LOVE 30 rock

After having some good laughs walking through the NBC store, I went back to Anthropologie.  That's right.  I went back. haha This time I bought the things I asked to be put on hold.


i fell in love...but money kept us apart.

Aubrey met me at Anthro and we had so much fun in the fitting rooms.  It's the best, buying clothes with your best friend.

Then I made the trek to Macy's.  What girl doesn't love Miracle on 34th Street?  Plus mom told me they had delicious macaroons in their cafe.  I got there and they told me the bathroom was on the 6th floor and the cafe was in the basement. haha For real!?  But they had some really cool, old, classic escalators. 


i never found the macaroons though...

Kelley and I met at anthro  (again...I know, but she was going in for a job interview) and walked back home. While walking, we grabbed pizza and ate lunch in Central Park.  So fun!  Then we hit up Magnolia's for some banana pudding. 


to die for.

After a quick stop at home, we set off to meet everyone at the WTC Memorial.  Of course our subway got stuck...I guess someone got sick a few trains in front of us?  I don't know.  But we sat there for like 20 minutes, got little mini naps in, and then decided we had to make a run for it.  Don't worry.  We made it on time.  And it was really amazing.


it was so peaceful.


i was only 13, but i remember that day so well...


i loved the flag in the background

Next, it was off to Bubby's for some grub!  We were so excited for their pancakes...until we found out they only had those between midnight and 11:00 or something.  Bummer.  But the food was delicious anyway and we had so much fun. 

the girls


the boys


bubby's had a photobooth in the basement. favorite!

Everyone went home to sleep after this, but me, Aubrey, and Michael decided to go to the top of the rock because I wanted to so badly!


beautiful view! definitely worth it.


did you know she's my best friend?


because she's sick of my favorite picture that we took in this color room.


cheernastics!

Then, 41,032 steps since the day started, I was finally home to sleep - exhausted with nasty blisters as proof of all my walking.  What a successful day!

No comments: