Sunday, October 17, 2010

the.final.day.

I cannot believe it, but it is already time to say goodbye.

Today was a pretty relaxed day.  We struggled waking up this morning but we all got beautified and walked the tenish blocks to church.  Beautiful.  They meet in the same building as the temple...if that makes sense.  It was great.

Of course, we came home and napped for a bit while Aubrey was being all mom-like and made us food!  It was a lovely lunch.  Very well done on her part.

Next was a gathering in Central Park for desserts and some football passing.  Such a blast and I love throwing the football around with Aubrey again.

Did I mention that today was beautiful!?  Because it definitely was the nicest day of the trip!


Beautiful Central Park!

The Columbus Circle



Plaza Hotel.  Home Alone 2 anyone?


We spent the evening walking around Central Park and up around the city for a bit.  We called it an early night and have taken turns uploading Melanie's fabulous pictures onto our computers.  I will have to post the best here soon for your viewing!

I just want everyone to know how much I love my best friend.  I am so grateful that even though we are about as far as you can be within the United States, we are still so close.  Ah, I just love her.  Can't get all emotional about leaving her yet....

2 comments:

aubrey said...

I LOVE that you kept track of everything!! And I would call it "domestic" instead of mom-like... I can't believe you're already gone- come backkk!! aaahhhh sure love and miss you already!

Jen said...

ooooh this all just made my heart so happy!!! I HEART NEW YORK!!! I'm so jealous of Aubrey that she gets to live there...but I'm so glad to have you home :) But I felt like I was there with you through your awesome detail...and mind you, Dwight Howard is mine, I am having his child...so beat that...okay not really, but one can only hope :) Loves