Sunday, October 24, 2010

friends

It was a wonderful Sunday and I got to see some of my favorite people.


Kelly moved to San Marcos during my freshman, her sophomore, year.  We became quick friends and I love having her around.  We can pickup our relationship right where we left off every time we are together.  She left for BYU a year early and that was very hard for me.  I remember when she came back for a surprise visit my senior year.  I walked into the chapel for seminary one morning and there she was.  I started crying.  I don't know that I have ever reacted that way in seeing any of my friends.  I found out today that she is having a baby and due in April!  I love you Kelly!


Lauren was my dearest friend all through high school and then we were roommates freshman year.  She is beautiful and got married six months ago!  She is currently studying special education and doing her student teaching.  I don't see Lauren nearly as often as I would like, but I love catching up with her.  I remember driving through San Marcos with her, blasting Cascada's "Everytime We Touch" and dancing like crazies.  Or the one time during or freshman year of high school where our teacher had to split us up because we talked too much and even made Lauren stand with her nose in the corner.  Love you Lauren!


Alyse has been my best friend for longer than I can remember.  Our families have grown up together.  My family loves watching our home video where my dad starts asking me questions about Alyse.  I say, "Leesee my fwend."  They quote that often but she really was my life as a child and I am so glad that she still is!  We have gone through every stage of life together, including the one where our mothers would scandalously put us in bikinis.  She has been married for over 2 years now (CRAZY!) and her husband has become one of my closest friends too.  I love spending time with the two of them.  Alyse wrote me letters at least monthly while I was in the dorms.  She makes me dinner from time to time.  I love you Alyse!


He's home!  This in Andy Larsen.  He is Kelly's younger brother and he just got home from his mission.  I went up to his homecoming today and it was so good to see him.  His talk was wonderful and I am so excited to have another good friend nearby.  We did a lot together during my last two years of high school.  He is a stud and I am looking forward to when he moves back down to Provo so that we can create new adventures!  Love you Andy!


Just a few more thoughts:
1. I love being with all of the Larsens!  Just like the old days.
2. The Roper twins were there too!  Amelia and Amanda are some of the funnest girls I have ever met.
3. My family was all there too.  I do love having them live close enough so that they can be at events like these today.
4. Some good old San Marcos boys were there too!  Including Ryan, Alex, Bobby, and Kevin.  I miss home a lot.
5. Lindsay and Kelly are both pregnant.  Due ten days apart from each other.  Happiest news!
6. BYU beat Wyoming yesterday.  We won't talk about how it was only by 5 points and how we were all worried for the last few minutes that Wyoming was going to take the game...we're just going to acknowledge that BYU won!

1 comment:

brooke said...

i can't believe andy is home! totally crazy!!