Thursday, October 14, 2010

day number 2 in the Big City!

I can't believe it has only been 48 hours.  We have done sooo much walking (over 20,000 steps a day!).  The rain hit us today and it fell for a few hours. And we are all wiped by now.

So the girls and I just might have slept in until 11:00 this morning...meaning we got to a little bit of a late start.  We decided to walk through Central Park and got to the Metropolitan Museum.



We took FOREVER to walk through Central Park - everything was seriously so beautiful.


Finally made it to the Met!


At Rockefeller Center!  The ice skating rink is already up and the rain was starting to fall.

We got lunch at Rockefeller Center and when we sat down, I happened to turn around and saw this...


ANTHROPOLOGIE!

After this, we met up with Aubrey at Juilliard for a free show...I guess it was a bunch of people showing the choreographing they were doing on their own.  Sadly, I didn't get to see it - I was number 35 and they stopped at 33 - but Lacey and Aubrey did.  Lacey's a dancer so she appreciated it like the rest of us appreciate basketball :)  Mel and I wandered over to Barnes and Noble and chatted it up in the cafe.  Love that place.  It was an eight block hike home, with a stop at Magnolias for cupcakes, and then I made dinner.  Delicious of course.  Now, it is on to watch some New York movies :)

No comments: