Saturday, August 21, 2010

my biggest fear...

Heights. The fear of falling.

I went to BYU for FOUR years. I lived in Provo for FOUR years. Until the summer I hadn't done things like Moab, the hot springs, or even really been in Park City. Today I accomplished another one of those things that you normally do while you are a student at BYU. I went to Mona and did the rope swing!

A very nice friend of mine decided that at 9:30 p.m., it was just the thing we needed to do. YES. Sounds like so much fun. We were off. On the drive down we started talking about fears. I am afraid of heights. A lot. We talked about it for a while and then realized rope swinging has a lot of heights in it...He jumped twice before I even considered. I stood on the platform for forever! Not even kidding. I was worried Matt would just up and leave. I got so close to doing it SO many times. My legs were shaking like they have never shook before (seriously, my calves are sore already). I almost hyperventilated. I was freezing. I didn't know where to jump. I didn't know how to put my hands. It was just one worry after the other. I did it, sort of. I hardly held on for very long, he says I slipped down the rope rather than jumping. Either way, I did it! And I would like to thank Matt for being so patient with me and my phobia.

1 comment:

Alison Rae said...

I love this because this is EXACTLY what I would have done! I would have stood there shaking forever too. Then I would have done it wrong because I was so scared! I am glad you did it and I am glad it was fun!! Love youuuu!