Saturday, August 28, 2010

exhaustion

First, I miss my old class, aides, and the best co-teacher in the world, but...
NEXT, I love my new class, aides, and principal. It has been a wild and crazy (very crazy, emotional, stressful) first week at school, but my students are so smart and so stinkin' hilarious.

**Favorite quote of the week**
"There are these green potato chips and they are made in avocado and when you put one on your tongue, your taste buds go Mexican!"

As much as I can tell I will love this school year, I have never (I know - never being all last year that I was teaching) spent so much time in my classroom! Then I am trying to be social too and right now that is meaning late to bed and super early alarms. My immune system has been weakened and I started getting sick earlier this week. Sadly, I know that I am not the only one feeling this bothersome throat cough because the sweetest girl in my new ward came over yesterday. She is a first year teacher in Saratoga Springs and she definitely sounds a lot like me!

I am tired, really tired, but I am also happy, really really happy. So life is good.

BYU starts on Monday. I spent today with a friend who just got home from his mission and is now living in Liberty Square. We went to his apartment after grocery shopping (which is crazy right now! Literally everyone and their mom is in town!). I was so jealous to see all of these boys ready for a new adventure. I miss BYU and really missed my days at the libsquare. I cannot help it. I loved the student life. The excitement. The newness. It slowly fades and then you graduate. ta da. and life as an adult starts. Good thing I love my job!

No comments: